People recovering from addiction and severe mental health conditions often feel lost and alone. They may have burned bridges with friends and family and may not have any support system to fall back on. That’s where alumni programs come in. These programs provide addicts in recovery with a community of people who understand what they’re going through and can offer support and advice.
The New Horizons Recovery Center team knows that the behavioral health alumni program benefits span beyond just making friends in recovery. The path toward a healthy, happy future can be full of unexpected hurdles. Having support to navigate them can be critical. If you are looking for an alumni program in Chester County, Pennsylvania, call 267.435.3134 to get started today.
What Is a Behavioral Health Alumni Program?
A behavioral health alumni program is a community of people who have undergone some form of behavioral health treatment. This can include addiction treatment, mental health treatment, or eating disorder treatment. These programs provide support and advice to those in recovery and can be a great resource for addicts who feel lost and alone.
After recovery, many people find themselves without a support system. This can be especially true for those who have gone through treatment for addiction or mental health conditions. Family and friends may not understand what they’re going through, and they may not be able to offer the support that addicts need. That’s where alumni programs come in.
5 Behavioral Health Alumni Program Benefits
- More likely to stay sober – Studies have shown that people who participate in alumni programs are more likely to stay sober than those who don’t. This is because they have a built-in support system to help them through tough times.
- Improved mental health – Participating in an alumni program can also improve your mental health. This is because you’ll have people to talk to who understand what you’re going through. This can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Greater sense of purpose – Addiction alumni programs can give you a greater sense of purpose. This is because you’ll be helping others in the same situation as you were before you got sober.
- Increased self-esteem – Helping others succeed in their recovery can also increase your self-esteem. This is because you’ll feel good about yourself knowing that you’re making a difference in someone else’s life.
- Lifelong friendships – Finally, one of the best things about addiction alumni programs is that you can make lifelong friendships. These people will understand you and accept you for who you are. These friends will be there for you during the good times and the bad times.
An Alumni Program Is Part of a Bigger Recovery Picture
It’s important to remember that an alumni program is just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to addiction recovery. To be successful in your recovery, you’ll need to do other things as well. This includes attending group meetings, developing healthy habits, and working with a therapist. However, an alumni program can be a great way to supplement your other recovery activities.
Starting an Alumni Program in Chester County, PA
If you’re struggling with mental health or addiction after going through treatment, joining an alumni program can be a great way to get the support you need to stay healthy. Behavioral health alumni program benefits, including improved mental health, a greater sense of purpose, increased self-esteem, and lifelong friendships, can help you continue living a healthy, happy life. If you’re looking for a way to stay healthy and connected after treatment, an alumni program may be right for you or a loved one.
Contact us today by calling 267.435.3134.