When mental health is in jeopardy, a person’s entire health and well-being are in danger as well. That’s why it’s crucial to reach out for behavioral or mental health treatment from an experienced team of professionals when these issues surface. But, what is it like in mental health treatment or behavioral treatment?
Our team is ready to help. New Horizons Recovery is an excellent and supportive place to begin healing from mental health disorders. Our Kennett Square in Chester County, Pennsylvania behavioral health programs are effective and help people regain their self-esteem and self-esteem. Reach out to our caring and knowledgeable New Horizons Recovery today to learn more about preparing for behavioral treatment either online or by calling 267.435.3134.
What Is Behavioral Treatment?
The terms “behavioral treatment” and “mental health treatment” are used interchangeably because they both refer to care for mental health disorders. There are many different types of behavioral treatment options, which depend on the needs of each client.
Examples of behavioral treatment options include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT is one of the most common forms of behavioral treatment. Also known as “talk therapy,” a client works one-on-one with a therapist to identify negative thought patterns and explore strategies to overcome these thought patterns.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT helps people through mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Group therapy – Group therapy allows people to work through behavioral treatment with peers struggling with the same issues. This form of therapy lessens isolation and creates connections with others.
- Family therapy – Therapeutic sessions with family members provide the opportunity to enhance relationships, improve communication, and establish roles within the family unit.
Preparing for Behavioral Treatment
Anxiety and intimidation tend to increase when people don’t know what to expect. However, there are many ways of getting ready for behavioral treatment at New Horizons Recovery.
According to the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI), some of the ways of preparing for behavioral treatment include:
- Take the time to prepare questions to ask your therapist, such as “Can you recommend resources for me?” or “What’s the best way to achieve my treatment goals?”
- Know your medical history so that you can help your therapist understand a more comprehensive picture of your needs in treatment.
- Examine if your therapeutic relationship with your mental health professional is helping you advance in your treatment plan.
- Begin journaling about your mental health successes and struggles. This record will help your therapist understand how to approach treatment to maximize effectiveness.
Benefits of a Behavioral Treatment Program
Many clients in behavioral treatment programs experience benefits and wonder why they didn’t begin treatment years ago.
Some of the benefits of a behavioral treatment program are:
- Improving the overall quality of life
- Developing positive habits to replace harmful ones
- Dealing with the effects of trauma or grief
- Identifying triggers that will cause mental health issues or substance use
- Creating strategies to overcome these triggers
The highly-qualified team at New Horizons Recovery is committed to helping our clients gain the skills and confidence to ease the symptoms of their mental health disorders and regain self-confidence in their abilities.
Choose to Heal in New Horizon Recovery’s Behavioral Treatment Program
When mental health disorders become too much for a person to bear, it is crucial that they reach out to mental health professionals for behavioral treatment. Our New Horizon Recovery team is proud to help people find the inner strength they need to succeed and thrive. If you or someone you care about would benefit from a behavioral treatment program, contact us today by calling us at 267.435.3134 or reaching out to us online.